South Florida’s Best Block photo/video competition has launched, check out miamiherald.com/bestblock! It’s presented by the Herald, WLRN, and Townhouse Center, and sponsored by the Knight Foundation.
Prizes for best photos are $600, $500, and $400, same for videos. Your photo or video can be of any urban block in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County. The jury will also choose the best block in South Florida for a block party.
You can also vote by searching Instagram or YouTube for #sfbestblock, and “like” your favorites. Photo and video with most “likes” will get a “People’s Choice” mention in the Herald. Enter soon to rack up
votes, and forward to your friends!
To enter, register at miamiherald.com/bestblock!, then upload a photo on Instagram or video on YouTube with tag #sfbestblock and short caption about why it’s your favorite. It’s that easy! Deadline has been extended to Monday, September 17 at midnight.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Bad Idea on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Caffeine Clicks on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning