South Florida’s Best Block photo/video competition has launched, check out miamiherald.com/bestblock! It’s presented by the Herald, WLRN, and Townhouse Center, and sponsored by the Knight Foundation.
Prizes for best photos are $600, $500, and $400, same for videos. Your photo or video can be of any urban block in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County. The jury will also choose the best block in South Florida for a block party.
You can also vote by searching Instagram or YouTube for #sfbestblock, and “like” your favorites. Photo and video with most “likes” will get a “People’s Choice” mention in the Herald. Enter soon to rack up
votes, and forward to your friends!
To enter, register at miamiherald.com/bestblock!, then upload a photo on Instagram or video on YouTube with tag #sfbestblock and short caption about why it’s your favorite. It’s that easy! Deadline has been extended to Monday, September 17 at midnight.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Daniel Manichello on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Joel Levine on Bal Harbour “No Bicycle Allowed on Sidewalk” Ordinance Conflicts with State Statue
- Kenneth Garcia on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Mike Arias on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- John on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- gregory on Documentary: Right To Wynwood-Gentrification through Art
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Design Urban Planning