From Transit Dave in response to Metrorail to FIU: Transit in the start-up city:
“Don’t Forget that the orange line was supposed to link MIA, FIU and Miami Dade College North Campus as well. Johnny Remigo, The PTP alone raises upwards of 175 Mil a year. It is an adequate funding source, if we had politicians who were committed to delivering the transit system the voters wanted when we voted for the PTP. Alas, 11 years later, we’re still waiting. As has been written on this forum by others including me, we won’t have a reform of the PTP until we have reform at the county government level. The shame of it is that we could have another 20 or 30 miles of Metrorail built or under construction if we had the local leadership to go along with honest management of the PTP funds.”
We could not have said it any better Transit Dave. You can read more about Miami’s embarrassing lack of leadership- “Miam’s Lack of Leadership“
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning