I received the following email from Miami Beach transportation activist Gabrielle Redfern, on an upcoming speaking engagement against a new proposed scheme by the City of Miami Beach. If you can attend, you will find the information below.
Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club
Meeting Date: Tuesday, September 21st, 2010
Meeting Time: 8:30 AM
Meeting Place: David’s Café II, 1654 Meridian Ave., South Beach
Miami Beach civic activist Gabrielle Redfern, speaks out against the city’s proposed fifty million dollars in Parking Bonds (debt), as this week’s guest speaker at the September 21st meeting of the Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club .
Gabrielle has been investigating the finances of the city Parking Department, which brings in some thirty million dollars a year, and has formed some strong opinions as to the benefits (or harm) to taxpayers of taking on so much new debt, especially with our difficult financial situation. Her objective is to further the development of an integrated and managed high-tech transportation and parking system, which she believes the terms of the new bonds might hinder.
Gabrielle is county commissioner Sally Heyman’s appointee to the Citizen’s Transportation Advisory Committee and a member of the Mayor’s Miami Beach Blue Ribbon Committee on Bikeways. She also served as vice-chair of the MPO’s Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee, and is a member of the city’s Design Review Board.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
David Kelsey, Moderator for the Breakfast Club
For more information contact David Kelsey . To be placed on the Breakfast Club ’s mailing list, contact Harry Cherry. Both can be reached at TuesdayMorningBreakfastClub@Yahoo.com
Visit our new web site at: http://www.MBTMBC.com (Miami Beach Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club ).
- Transit Miami Endorses Gabrielle Redfern for Commissioner of Miami Beach
- Election Update: Gabrielle Redfern wins runoff spot in Miami Beach Commission race
- Transit Miami Welcomes Gabrielle Redfern
- Letter from Gabrielle Redfern to Transit Miami on the County Mayoral Race
- Upcoming Lecture in South Miami: “Driving us Nuts: Parking, Parking Reform, and the Search for a Walkable City”
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning