Matthew Tucker, from the University of Minnesota College of Design and a former Senior Associate at Hargreaves, will be visiting Florida International University (FIU) and giving a presentation on the design and construction of South Pointe Park and discussing the topic of paradigm shifts in landscape architecture.
Tuesday, January 22 — 6:15pm
Paul L. Cejas Architecture (PCA) Building, Room #175
11200 SW 8th Street , Miami, Florida 33199
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
Matthew Tucker’s professional background and reasearch interests focus on re-purposing contaminated urban sites, with particular emphasis on waterfronts, as generators of public and private re-investment, and emerging definitions of urban nature. He will also discuss the design and construction of South Pointe Park as a part of his talk.
Click here for the classic still frames…
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
- Jeff Redding on Thank You, FDOT!
- Jeff Redding on The FDOT Resurfacing Project on Brickell Avenue Dangerous for Pedestrians
- Jeff Redding on FDOT Making Brickell Safety Improvements for Cars, not Pedestrians
- Jeff Redding on How we got FDOT to install flashing lights for pedestrians. A drama in 3 acts.
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning