Transit Miami alumnus Mike Lydon will be back in the 305 and presenting at UM this week. This should be a great event.
Cities and Citizens: How Tactical Urbanism Is Changing the American City
Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Glasgow Hall, 1215 Dickinson Drive, Coral Gables Campus.
Mike Lydon is principal in the Street Plans Collaborative, a planning, design, and advocacy firm based in Brooklyn and Miami. He launched the firm in 2009 after working with Duany Plater-Zyberk and Company, where he collaborated with Andres Duany and Jeff Speck in completing The Smart Growth Manual, honored by Planetizen as one of the top planning books of 2010. He is also the primary author of The Open Streets Project and Tactical Urbanism 2: Short-Term Action Long-Term Change, two research efforts contributing to Pattern Cities, a project about cities and the ideas they incubate. Lydon received a B.A. in American Cultural Studies from Bates College in Maine and a Masters in Urban Planning from the University of Michigan.
Lecture: Sponsored by the University of Miami School of Architecture
Free and open to the public. For more information, visit our website at www.arc.miami.edu.
- Article: "As Many as 60 American Cities are in Some Stage of Streetcar Planning or Development"
- Students for the New Urbanism – 2nd Annual Symposium
- Seeing Miami From a Bike
- Living Urbanism Volume II Released
- Upcoming Lecture in South Miami: “Driving us Nuts: Parking, Parking Reform, and the Search for a Walkable City”
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
- Jeff Redding on Thank You, FDOT!
- Jeff Redding on The FDOT Resurfacing Project on Brickell Avenue Dangerous for Pedestrians
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning