The Miami Dade Police Department has provided Transit Miami with their Rickenbacker Causeway enforcement statistics for 2009 and January 2010. As you can see below the Miami Dade Police Department has been enforcing their jurisdiction on the Rickenbacker Causeway. They are issuing approximately 7 hazardous moving violations per day to motorists. Enforcement is clearly present. What we need is a roadway that is designed to discourage people from speeding. Even with police enforcement motorists continue to speed on the Rickenbacker Causeway. More enforcement may help, but is not the ultimate solution. Designing a roadway for all users is the answer.
|Month||Hazardous 1 Moving Violations||Non-Hazardous2 Moving Violations||Verbal Warnings||Total|
|Total 2009 Hazardous Moving Violations||2,424|
|Average 2009 Hazardous Moving Violations Issued Per Day||6.64|
|Average January 2010 Hazardous Moving Violations Issued Per Day||8.71|
|1. Hazardous violations are those which have the immediate potential for bodily injury|
|and property destruction; for example, running a red light or stop sign, or careless driving|
|2. Non-hazardous violations are those not likely to expose persons to injury or result in property damage;|
|for example, expired tag or defective equipment.|
- Enforcement increases on the Rickenbacker Causeway, but hazards still remain.
- Where is the enforcement on Brickell?
- Time to stop playing politics on the Rickenbacker Causeway, every Sunday should be a ciclovia on the Rickenbacker.
- Just another Sunday morning on the Rickenbacker Causeway
- Why Bicyclists Keep Dying on the Rickenbacker Causeway
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
- Jeff Redding on Thank You, FDOT!
- Jeff Redding on The FDOT Resurfacing Project on Brickell Avenue Dangerous for Pedestrians
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning