On October 30th, a dramatic crash caused by a careless motorist sent a parked SUV flying 30 feet and onto the sidewalk, seriously injuring the ankle and leg of Monica Larcada, a female jogger that lives in the neighborhood.
Transit Miami has obtained a complete copy of the police report from the Miami Police Department regarding this crash.
The driver of the vehicle causing the crash was Dr. Amy Buchman, 60, of Brickell Key. She was cited for careless driving – failure to maintain control of vehicle.
What is bewildering is that the police report says her estimated speed was 25 miles per hour, though multiple witnesses to Transit Miami report she was moving closer to 40-50 mph in the 30mph zone. The parked Nissan Murano SUV that Buchman smashed into traveled about 30 feet, indicating a much higher speed than 25 mph.
Felipe Larcada, Monica’s father, wrote the below note to us in November. If you have any information on this crash, please contact him. The area has been the scene of eerily similar crashes over the past few years.
Monica is doing better every day and hopefully will have her stitches removed this week and a cast placed on her leg. Thank you all for your concern and prayers.
I have a request. The authorities are receiving conflicting stories on how this event happened. If anybody reading this blog actually witnessed the event as it happened or right before it happened, please contact me. We really need your help. My email again is email@example.com. Thank you.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Daniel Manichello on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Joel Levine on Bal Harbour “No Bicycle Allowed on Sidewalk” Ordinance Conflicts with State Statue
- Kenneth Garcia on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Mike Arias on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- John on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- gregory on Documentary: Right To Wynwood-Gentrification through Art
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Design Urban Planning