The Miami Herald is reporting that a bicyclist was struck and killed on the 1500 Block of West Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. Details of the accident , including the name of the victim, have not been released. Apparently, the driver stayed at the scene of the accident, which sadly seems to be the exception to the rule here in South Florida.
More in keeping with the typical behavior, a hit-and-run incident yesterday took the life of a pedestrian near Southwest 157th Avenue and 289th Terrace. The victim, as well as the suspect who police were able to track down, have yet to be identified publicly.
UPDATE: The Miami Herald is now running a mor robust story on the hit-and-run in Southwest Dade on Sunday. The suspect’s name is Jose Ramon Medina, who admitted to driving without a license, drinking alchohol prior to the incident, and fleeing the scene afterwards. He will be charged with vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an accident involving death, and tampering with evidence.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Daniel Manichello on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Joel Levine on Bal Harbour “No Bicycle Allowed on Sidewalk” Ordinance Conflicts with State Statue
- Kenneth Garcia on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- Mike Arias on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- John on Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System
- gregory on Documentary: Right To Wynwood-Gentrification through Art
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Design Urban Planning