Donald Shoup, author of The High Cost of Free Parking and distinguished professor of urban planning at UCLA, will give a talk on Monday, April 21 from 8 to 10 AM at AIA’s Miami Center for Architecture & Design, 100 NE 1 Ave, Miami, FL 33132.
Shoup is the godfather of the scientific study of parking, and has spoken widely about the benefits of eliminating required parking for mobility and urbanism. Shoup writes: “This doesn’t mean, however, that developers won’t provide off-street parking. It simply means that urban planners won’t tell developers exactly how many parking spaces they must provide before they can get a building permit. Developers will provide the parking spaces they think buyers demand.”
Capacity is limited, RSVP at shoupmiami.eventbrite.com and send to all your contacts, followers, members, students, etc. Continental breakfast will be served. Supported by the Knight Foundation, AIA Miami, APA Gold Coast Section, and Townhouse Center.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning