- Changing tides: Mayoral aspirant Regalado’s developer contributions increase (according to the Herald because of Miami 21.)
- Slots are almost in South Florida…I wonder what the redevelopment of the Flagler dogtrack will do to the neighborhood. Maybe they can use their increased profit to develop something nice on their huge, empty parking lot.
- Transit advocates and local officials in Tampa are miffed that proposed high speed rail plans bypass the recently renovated Union Station, an early 20th century Italian Renaissance revival-style station. Check out the photo, it’s pretty nice.
- Sunrail: Can link to high-speed rail help sell Legislature on commuter rail?
- Miami-Dade budget: the Kendall Community Council is not happy over the Mayor’s proposed budget cuts to planning and zoning staff. (This staff organizes neighbhorhood charrettes and guides community planning – value creating activities that are economic generators for the county.)
- Transit gets shafted (yet again): the proposed budget leaves out an expected 3.5% increase in the general fund contribution.
- Commissioner Moss is pushing for high speed rail to Miami. The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce also endorses the idea. Cool.
- Awesome article about demolishing urban freeways and redevelopment opportunities. Can anyone say I-395?
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Mike Arias on Miami Dade Transit’s 10-Year Plan is an Abomination
- Fabio on The Belle Meade Fence: Government Waste in all its Glory
- SEFTA on Ridership Benefits of Infill Stations
- B on Miami Dade Transit’s 10-Year Plan is an Abomination
- Urbanity on Miami Dade Transit’s 10-Year Plan is an Abomination
- Jonathan Cameron on Miami Dade Transit’s 10-Year Plan is an Abomination
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning