Miami 21, the form-based code recently adopted in the City of Miami (also a hot discussion topic here a year ago), won the American Planning Association (APA) Florida Chapter Award of Excellence. Miami 21 was the sole Award of Excellence presented by the chapter this year. To quote from the award letter by the Awards Committee Chair: “Your dedication and achievement of such a worthy effort is a true reflection of the innovation and quality of planning occurring within the state.”
City of Miami Planner Luciana L. Gonzalez accepted the award on behalf of the city:
I was honored to accept the award on behalf of all team members, staff, and other supporters who have worked so hard over the years to make Miami 21 a reality. This award belongs to many people who were and have been involved in this extraordinary project. Thanks to all of you who helped reach this achievement. It is remarkable what we’ve been able to accomplish and I look forward to its continued success!
Congratulations to the City of Miami, staff, and all who worked tirelessly to make Miami 21 a reality.
- Diaz Receives National Award for Miami 21
- I-95 HOT Lanes Take Transportation Award
- Article: "As Many as 60 American Cities are in Some Stage of Streetcar Planning or Development"
- Governing Magazine Recognizes Gelabert-Sanchez, Miami 21
- Urban Environment League Annual Orchids and Onions Award Ceremony, Wednesday, June 15
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning