Please spread the word about this meeting. Let’s kill this awful idea and send MDX packing. We just received this email from a friend of Transit Miami:
Meeting Wednesday night to discuss plans for MDX Tollway along US 1. Please forward to all transit-bicycle advocates as this could hinder the MetroRail expansion and bicycling facilities south from Dadeland!
Wednesday November 14th. The meeting will be from 7 to 9 p.m. at Pinecrest Gardens,11000 Red Road. Thank you to Mayor Lerner for standing up to MDX and over 30 years of planned Metro Expansion. Would MDX be willing to rebuild the entire corridor to include a more pedestrian-bike friendly US 1 AND elevated MetroRail, MDX facilities??? I-95 was defeated along this corridor originally because of noise, traffic and splitting the community aesthetically. We need to move more towards nodes of development around bus/rail stations. Dadeland is a success that can be replicated at the Falls Mall and other commercial nodes along the corridor to Cutler Bay.
You can read more about this short-sighted and half baked idea here:
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning