This was the scene this afternoon on the corner of NE 56th Street and NE 2nd Avenue. The sidewalks on both sides of the streets were closed to pedestrians today. The CPWD has got to be effing kidding me right? There is absolutely no consideration given to pedestrians here. Zero. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nil. A complete embarrassment. The pictures speak for themselves.
This type of shoddy planning during CPWD projects seems to be par for the course. Transit Miami sources have informed us that the same half-assed effort is currently on display at the ongoing Coconut Grove/27th Avenue resurfacing project.
The pervasive anti-pedestrian/anti-cyclist culture at the CPWD needs to end. The time has come to “Think Pedestrians and Bicycles”, not only cars.
- Another Lesson in Mediocrity by the County Public Works Department
- County Public Works Department Brings Their A-Game to South Miami Avenue; There is Still Room for Improvement
- County Public Works Department Says “No” to Gating Belle Meade
- City of Miami Approves Fencing of Public Street. What will the County Public Works Department do?
- Thank You County Public Works Department!
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning