The FDOT has managed to do it again- leading cattle to slaughter. In this case the cattle are pedestrians.
Transit Miami took the FDOT to task about two years ago before they began their current resurfacing project on Brickell. After shaming the FDOT to make improvements for pedestrians they conceded and included a few more crosswalks on Brickell. This is one of the crappy crosswalks we got on SE 14th Terrace and Brickell.
There is no traffic calming whatsoever along Brickell Avenue and the travel lanes are very wide and encourage speeding. Two blocks away we documented 4 accidents in less than two years on Brickell and 15th Street. Clearly speeding is a problem here and the mere presence of crosswalk isn’t going to slow down drivers. To make matters worse, the “Yield to Pedestrian” sign is hidden behind a tree.
The FDOT just earned themselves and F-.
Why can’t we get these on Brickell Avenue? Is it because Brickell Avenue is controlled by the State?
You can let Gus Pego, FDOT District 6 Secretary, know how bad of a job they are doing by sending him an email.
- FDOT Showdown on Brickell. Let’s Rally the Livable Streets Troops!
- Miami Herald reports on Brickell Avenue resurfacing; FDOT refuses to do the right thing.
- Transit Miami and FDOT take a field trip on Brickell Avenue
- FDOT Making Brickell Safety Improvements for Cars, not Pedestrians
- FDOT Resurfacing Project Coming to Brickell; Transit Miami Eye is Watching
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning