Here we go again… A few weeks ago there was another crash on Brickell Avenue and SW 15th Road. This is the sixth incident in about 3 years that I have seen debris from crashes at the exact same location. I’m not sure what FDOT and the city of Miami are waiting for, but apparently nothing will be done here until someone is killed. Sadly this will likely happen within the next three years.
The Echo Brickell project has just been announced and construction will begin soon at the very exact location where all these crashes have occurred. This project will have 175 units with retail on the ground floor. If the design of the road remains the same, we should expect a nasty accident with a lot of injuries once the project is completed. FDOT and the city of Miami have been put on notice. If nothing is done immediately both will have blood on their hands.
You can also send an email to FDOT District 6 Secretary Gus Pego and Commissioner Marc Sarnoff to see if they plan to do anything to address the design speed on Brickell Avenue. I think it is evident that we have a problem here.
- Brickell Avenue bus stop taken out for fourth time in two years
- Another Pedestrian Hit on Brickell Avenue
- Miami Herald reports on Brickell Avenue resurfacing; FDOT refuses to do the right thing.
- Cyclist Hit on Brickell Avenue at Dangerous Intersection; Injuries are Life Threatening
- Transit Miami and FDOT take a field trip on Brickell Avenue
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
- Jeff Redding on Thank You, FDOT!
- Jeff Redding on The FDOT Resurfacing Project on Brickell Avenue Dangerous for Pedestrians
- Jeff Redding on FDOT Making Brickell Safety Improvements for Cars, not Pedestrians
- Jeff Redding on How we got FDOT to install flashing lights for pedestrians. A drama in 3 acts.
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning