[Public Notice with particular import to residents of MiMo, Upper Eastside, Edgewater, Midtown, Omni areas] FDOT to Host Public Meeting for Roadway Project State Road (SR) 5/Biscayne Boulevard Miami — The Florida Department of Transportation District Six (FDOT) will hold a public information meeting for a roadway project along SR 5/Biscayne Boulevard from NE 13 Street to NE 78 Street.
The public information meeting will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at Unity on the Bay, 411 NE 21 Street, Miami, FL 33137. Attendees may arrive at any time from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Graphic displays of the project will be shown and FDOT staff will be on hand to discuss the project and answer questions after the presentation.
The proposed work for this project includes:
- Installing five new mid-block pedestrian crossings at:
- NE 16 Street
- Between NE 23 Street and NE 24 Street
- Between NE 30 Street to NE 31 Street
- NE 32 Street
- NE 74 Street
- Installing pedestrian signals at the existing signals of NE 15 Street and NE 17 Street
- Installing a pedestrian crossing at the intersection of NE 54 Street
- Installing a raised landscaping median at various locations which include:
- NE 59 Street
- NE 66 Street
- NE 67 Street
- NE 70 Street
- Upgrading pedestrian curb ramps and signals to current standards at various locations Construction is expected to begin in June 2015 and last about four months.
The estimated construction cost of the project is $780,000. Please contact Public Information Specialist Sandra Bello if you have any questions about this project at (305) 470-5349 or email at email@example.com.
FDOT encourages public participation without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability or family status. Persons who need special assistance under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or who need translation services (free of charge) should contact, Brian Rick at (305) 470-5349 or in writing at FDOT, 1000 NW 111 Avenue, Miami, FL 33172 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days prior to the public meeting. www.dot.state.fl.us
Consistent, Predictable, Repeatable
www.dot.state.fl.us February 4, 2014 Maribel Lena, (305) 470-5349; email@example.com
- The FDOT Biscayne Boulevard Streetscape Project a Pedestrian Nightmare
- Motorcyclist collides with pedestrian on Biscayne Boulevard in MiMo
- The FDOT’s Disgraceful Biscayne Boulevard Project Winding Down-Back to the Drawing Board We Go….
- 11th Biscayne Boulevard Crash in MiMo During the Past Two Years. The FDOT is Silent.
- 14th Biscayne Boulevard Crash in MiMo During the Past Two Years. The FDOT Continues to Turn a Blind Eye.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning