If this is the FDOT’s idea of safety, looks like all cyclists are pretty much screwed in Miami. FDOT is now encouraging cyclists to ride a bicycle on 195. The design speed of 195 probably exceeds 65mph and this so called “unprotected bike lane” is also a shoulder. Seriously? FDOT will have blood on their hands soon enough. If a cyclist is struck on this highway, it is very unlikely he or she will survive.
- FDOT: “MacArthur Causeway is safe for cyclists”
- FDOT Responds to Transit Miami: “Design Speed on MacArthur Causeway is 45 mph”. Does that make it safer for cyclists? No.
- FDOT is officially put on notice
- Another Bloody Week for Cyclists on the Rickenbacker Causeway
- Reposted: Dangerous By Design: The MacArthur Causeway
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Bad Idea on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Caffeine Clicks on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning