This Saturday, Bike Miami Days is joining forces with the 8th annual antique car Flagler Fest and the 2009 Purina Walk for The Animals. With ever more programs, events, music, and things to do, and now in conjunction with these two concurrent events and many partnering businesses, organizations and municipalities, this is likely to be the most successful Bike Miami Days to date. The City of Miami Police Department, Mayor Diaz and staff, the Downtown Development Authority, and all others should be commended for working cooperatively to bring a better urbanism to downtown Miami –and one centered on creating more livable streets.
Also note that this event is the 4th BMD, which gives Miami the distinction of running the most ciclovias to date in the United States. The Magic City may not be as urbane as New York, or as progressive as Portland, but these monthly events are doing much to raise awareness for livable streets in a city that has so few.
Spread the word and come out to celebrate your city!
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- B on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- yes on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Urbanity on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- SEFTA on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Robert Friedman on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
- Diego on Will Miamians Allow MDX to Realize its Southwest Highway ‘Dream’?
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning