Myth: Bicycling is a fringe activity in Miami.
Our pic of the day shoots down that idea pretty fast.
40% – Percentage of U.S. adults that would commute by bike
if safe facilities were available (1995 Rodale Press Poll)
40% – Percentage of all trips in America that are shorter than 2 miles = a 10-minute bike ride or a 30-minute walk (1995 NPTS)
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
- Jeff Redding on Thank You, FDOT!
- Jeff Redding on The FDOT Resurfacing Project on Brickell Avenue Dangerous for Pedestrians
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning