Transit Miami is an advocacy blog dedicated to smart growth oriented land use policies, and mutlimodal transportation in South Florida. We strive to create high-quality public spaces, and believe that the key to reversing the harmful effects of suburban sprawl on our cities is to promote compact, walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods.
We thrive on working with partners and other likeminded organizations to improve the quality and function of the built environment. We seek to create successful public spaces and increase the effectiveness of multi-modal transportation as a means to creating more competitive and sustainable 21st century South Florida.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Cyclist Hit on Brickell Avenue at Dangerous Intersection; Injuries are Life Threatening on
- City of Miami Responds to Trolley Service Complaints on
- City of Doral Investing in Illuminated Greenway on
- Where’s the Bus? Experiencing a Global City through its Mass Transit System on
- Rest in Peace: Walter Reyes on
- FDOT Must Approve and Adopt Cycle Tracks on
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning